Thursday, December 12, 2013

A rose by any other name...

Salutations, my honey kittens!

WELL!
Here I am in the land of steel bridges, beards, and rain drops! I have made it through my first two weeks and thought maybe you'd like to get a little update on what the haps have all been happening with yours truly.

MY J-O-B






holy crap. 

This is unlike anything I have ever done in my life. My organization is so thoughtful, methodical about all of it's process, and mindful of being inclusive of all of those taking part in the process. It's really less hippy than I expected it to be and more like, "you are in charge of timeline, and budget, and knowing the protocol and designing the research schema, and we're here for you the whole way cause no one makes decisions by themselves, and you're gonna kick ass!". I'm all like, "woooah nellie!". 
It is on the one hand, really overwhelming right now, because I have never had to think about those kinds of things, or like, be in charge of overseeing an External Evaluator contract, ya know? 
However, on the better more "woot woot" hand, I am really being groomed to be an integral, well informed part of a team, I am an investment! It feels really good. I so whole heartedly believe in what I am doing I am really motivated to succeed. So right now the input is like 80% of my waking life, i definetly know that is not sustainable, but I feel it is necessary right now, and will not be the case in a few months. For a few reasons, one of which is I need the time to improve some of my skills necessary for my job, and also, I of course want to get to know Portland.

Yea, so anyway, what else?

Well... in the 20% of my other time I have named my couch, set up my pretty sweet apartment, explored my front yard, and thought about, of course, what else!


RELATIONSHIPS.



One of my favorite topics to talk about, and perhaps one of your favorites to read about, I'll give ya a glimpse of my inner workings on the loving side of things.

Clearly, I have ::gasp:: not had time for dating. 
I know! It's been tough in a lot of ways, and really good in a lot of ways. I am still under the Chloe Challenge of securing my next date in the flesh and blood, which is great for those cold (below freezing!) evenings when I thinking longingly of just the act of browsing the OKC annals for fresh, beardy, PDX meat (no pun intended?) for if nothing else, something to look at. It actually feels really great to not have that as an option, because why? Because I want an actual relationship to flourish next! I have no idea what that will look like, I just know that I am being consious and not settling for anything other than what I want. There are some cuties at work, and of course as is to be expected at this age, the wedding bands abound. It's alright, at this point in my life as soon as I even catch the glimmer of metal on a hand, I drop the guillotine on desire. I have learned that lesson well, and have Zero interest in retreading those steps. So, I will take in the eye candy without the cavities.
In regard to those ringless manhands, well, I am similarly being aloof. I am not particularly interested in messing up any career move on account of a careless poontang, at the same time I realize that a lot of your social circle comes from where you work, so I am keeping an open mind.


Minding my honeypot. Using the time to think about what approach I want to take, what I want to communicate, and how.

Not much else to report really, work and home rules the day. Can't wait till I get a car to really be able to get around, cause I don't give a crap what those hippy fucks are doing I am not riding my bike in 17 degree weather...

I think I am having a good time.. At this point I know the pains of relocating, so I am just trying to be patient with myself. Though, when I named my couch it kinda became apparent I need to get out more... Updates as they develop. 

Till next time, my beautiful reader,




Expect great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment